Thursday, January 04, 2007
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Lec for P1 ended at 10 am, which meant I had 8 hours of free time. 8 HOURS!
Had breakfast with pepsi and girls and then to the library to borrow books, im gonna pick up reading habit to kill time.
Parted with the girls at 11 plus and I headed to my ah ma house, been months since I went there. Familiar road yet different feel, things are changing around that area.
Ah gong and ah ma were smiling from ear to ear when I stepped into the house, my jiujiu even went to the mama shop to buy me drinks. The feeling is indescribable, to have people caring about you. Ah gong stuffed some notes into my hands and insisted I take them, I declined gently, but he said he’s giving me money while he could and insisted that’s a little token he gave to all the grandchildren for his winning of 4D. Ah ma told me to accept it and no words could describe how I feel deep inside. After a little chat with ah ma, ah gong and jiujiu, I went to the room to take a little nap. Ah ma came in and asked me to count how much ah gong gave me, she’s so cute looking when she’s curious. I took out the money from my pocket and let her count, and I saw 5 two dollar and 4 ten dollar notes. That’s a lot, really a lot, my grandparents are not rich people, and my godfather (their eldest son) is the sole breadwinner in the house. I told ah gong that 10 bucks is already a lot, and I’m working part time for daddy plus I have my own allowance but he still he insisted that I kept the money. At the moment, money was not the main issue anymore, it’s the care and love, I’m the only one who got the most money among all the grandchildren and ah ma told me it’s because ah gong dote on me the most. I wanted so much to tell ah gong the love and care he’s giving is more than enough, I don’t need the money. But Asians always can’t express themselves. I really hope they know how much I love them, the strong arm I slept on every night when I was young, I’ll never forget.
Woke up in the familiar room when I slept when I was young, ah ma prepared dinner and she even peeled the prawn shells for me when it was so hot.
My sister’s godma, who we used to call her “ahbuleg”, stuffed another twenty dollars in my hand again, I was speechless at how concern they are to me. I could still remember that she was the one who always come down to my kindergarden and fetch me to ah ma house after school. She gave me a kiss my cheek before she went to work.
Hang around a while more and it was time to head to school, jiujiu insisted on sending me to the bus stop and watch me board the bus before he left. I used to hate him for the scar he left on my hand, and I used to dislike him for trouble he caused in the family, but he’s really a changed person now, and I know he really want to do something for this home.
Right before I left, ah ma told me that my goddad always ask why I didn’t come to visit them, and my heart shook. What a filfial granddaughter and god daughter I am, I questioned myself.
My goddad is a strong man. He spent most of his time working as he’s the eldest in the family, and he put it as his responsibility to take care of my grandparents and for that reason, he’s still single now.
I wish I can help a little, and it’s time I should start helping.
In their eyes, im always their little
choutou.
The tomboyish
choutou.
(: